Why Ski In Grimentz?
Grimentz is situated in the Val d’Anniviers municipality in Switzerland. A family friendly resort with beautiful paved streets lined with traditional chalets. With skiing up to an altitude of 3000 meters, this wonderful village truly has a lot to offer….
Grimentz is a Beautiful Village.
Grimentz is a charming and rustic village within the Val d’Anniviers municipality in Switzerland. Perched directly above Sierre and reached by a zig zagging drive up the side of the gorge, it is famous for its narrow, cobbled streets with chalets crammed into every spare inch. The village gives the appearance of almost ‘hanging’ over the valley. Grimentz is renowned for its beauty, charm and ‘chocolate box’ style and has been voted one of the prettiest villages in Switzerland. More recently, Grimentz has become known as the “hidden gem” of Switzerland, a fact which seems to be proven by the building of large numbers of high quality holiday homes.
Grimentz is Snow Sure & Sunny.
Val d’Anniviers enjoys one of the longest winter ski seasons in the Swiss Alps as well as clocking up the best sunshine records in the region. It’s a ‘win/win’ for skiiers, snowboarders, cross country skiiers and other winter sport enthusiasts. From Grimentz there are over 220km of ski runs in total with a mixture of open pistes and forest runs. There is also a large amount of off-piste skiing for the more experienced thrill seeker.
Grimentz has Amazing Pistes.
It is comprised of the following ski/snowboarding areas and facilities available from the beginner to the more experienced:
- Grimentz-Zinal. 21 lifts, 48 slopes and 5 fun parks for skiiers and snowboarders including a BigAirBag in one of the fun parks.
- Saint Luc-Chandolin. 17 lifts, 39 slopes and 3 fun parks for skiiers and snowboarders.
- Vercorin. 10 lifts, 13 slopes and 3 fun parks for skiiers.
For those who prefer to spend their time NOT flying downhill on skis:
- Grimentz-Zinal. 5 cross-country skiing routes and also 5 winter hiking trails.
- Saint Luc-Chandolin. 12 winter hiking trails and there is also a sledging park.
- Vercorin. 2 cross-country skiing routes and 7 winter hiking trails. There is also a snow tubing park.
Grimentz is Exhilarating!
Grimentz has a magnificent, 5km long toboggan run departing from Bendolla and arriving back into Grimentz. Gliding through snow-laden fir trees with breathtaking views and an awe inspiring panorama. Grimentz has its own natural outdoor skating rink which is free for all to enjoy, weather permitting through the winter months. There are also paragliding, snowmobiling and helicopter tours available from the village.
Grimentz is a Gastronomic Delight.
There are a variety of mountain restaurants with outstanding views over the mountains:
- Restaurant de Bendolla is located at the top of the Grimentz-Bendolla gondola, at the foot of the ski slopes and wheelchair-accessible. Providing both self-service and high-quality table service.
- The Buvette de l’Étable du Marais offers a warm welcome in a restored former stable, full of authentic character. It specialises in traditional Swiss gastronomy such a fondue, rostis and steak tartare.
- The Cabane des Becs-de-Bosson offers magnificent panoramic views (from Mont Blanc, over the summits lining the Val d’Hérens valley, to the 4000m peaks of the Val d’Anniviers).
- Restaurant du Lac de Moiry has a spacious terrace with views over the Lac de Moiry.
- And in the village: The food from the Valais region is world renowned and Grimentz does not disappoint. There are roughly 10 restaurants within the village which offer the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local gastronomy and sample the raclette and fondues.
How to get to Grimentz.
By car the closest airport is Geneva (2 hours 10 minutes), closely followed by Berne (2 hours 25 minutes), Zurich is the third closest (3 hours 25 minutes).
By train Geneva is just 2 hours away, with a service that runs like typical Swiss clockwork. Depart the train at Sierre and then take a Post bus or taxi for the 50 minute journey up to Grimentz.